Monday, February 11, 2008

School Valentines


One of our projects this weekend was making Valentines for the kids' classmates. I can't take credit for this incredible idea -- I saw it last year sometime (after February) on flickr, but I'll be darned if I can find it again. Otherwise I would have been happy to link to that clever individual.

Yesterday the Procrastination Gods' attention must have been momentarily drawn elsewhere, because the weather, the schedule, and all the children cooperated so we could get these done. They were actually pretty easy to make. I had the kids sign their names on the back, which is what they would have done for the Shrek/Snoopy/Scooby Doo valentines they've used in past years. One design flaw, however -- there was nowhere to write "Happy Valentine's Day!" except for the space right behind the lollipop. So you can't see it until you take the lollipop off. And we ran out of the lollipops with the clear wrapper and had to improvise with whatever was left at the drugstore. Still, I think that's fairly minor for how cute they turned out.

This afternoon (it's currently 5:29 pm) I have to make a Weight Watchers-approved dinner (oh yes, it's official; I'm back on the program), finish one quillow and start another in preparation for our road trip on Wednesday, clean the entire house (in which there is not one room where you can walk in any direction for more than a foot without stepping on something), and wash several loads of dirty clothes. Putting that amount of stuff off is no easy task, let me tell you. It's enough to make you post for the first time in a month!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

LLA said...

cutest valentines evah!

Happy Day right back at you (and where are you road-trippin' to???)