Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A little sprucing up

So our swimming lessons were canceled at the last minute this morning and I found myself with two extra hours of time. Did I get an early start on cleaning the house, which I had planned to do after the lessons and lunch? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Instead, while looking through my recent pictures for some now-forgotten reason, I happened across this shot of the kids in the surf at Jekyll Island last month and suddenly realized that it might be a good candidate for a new banner. Not that I needed one or anything, seeing as the previous one had been good since a year ago this past spring.

So after about an hour of futzing around with it, I have a new banner! Which will be appropriate for approximately the next month, maybe two if I really milk it.

And because I haven't taken very many pictures lately, here's one of Tim at the grave of golfing legend Bobby Jones on our recent tour of Oakland Cemetery. Tim looks appropriately somber here, maybe because he's standing at a gravesite, but maybe also because it was raining.

The tour, however, was FANTASTIC. Very informative and interesting, especially to Atlanta residents. And not hurt at all by several pints and a couple of calamari tacos which we had directly afterwards at the pub/fish house Six Feet Under across the street. Where Tim, his sister, and I got to sit WITH THE TOUR GUIDE, who regaled us with story after story. It was the most fun we've had in a very long time.

Not sure what that says about us, that the most fun we've had lately was a trip to a cemetery in the rain, but whatever.

1 comment:

LLA said...

Love the new banner!

I also love the idea of Six Feet Under - but haven't eaten there in a dog's age. Because I am old, and cranky and get foul-tempered when it's impossible to find a parking space and then (insult upon injury!) I have to wait for a table...

And that, in a nutshell, explains why it is that I don't go out much.

:)